DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a Sun Pharma company, is a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and marketing of its Levulan® photodynamic therapy (PDT) technology platform used in conjunction with its proprietary light source, the BLU-U® Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator. Levulan Kerastick® in combination with the BLU-U is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (AKs) of the face or scalp.
Sales Territory Manager
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for generating sales in accordance with marketing strategy and organizational objectives and being accountable for attaining sales territory goals for both prescription and medical device sales. The right candidate will conduct product presentations and in-service training to physicians and clinical staff. Additionally, you will need to attend trade shows, participate in educational activities, and be present at sales meetings as required.
- Present an image of professionalism, dignity, control, and conduct him/herself in a manner conducive to good customer and public relations at all times (whether at DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. accounts, conventions, sales meetings, workshops, etc.)
- Attend trade shows, educational activities and sales meetings as required.
- Maintain detailed high quality up-to-date account profiles.
- Consistently complies with all PDMA guidelines to ensure prescription sample compliance with both corporate and FDA regulations.
- Actively target all teaching institutions within the Sales Region to ensure DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. products are routinely discussed and demonstrated.
- Be available to conduct product presentations and in-service training to Physicians and clinical staff. This may need to be accomplished after normal business hours.
- Analyze sales data and market trends in support of business objectives.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers by providing input into services/programs which complement current physician offerings.
- Hold accountability for attaining major geographic territory goals such as prescription and device sales revenue, expense management, reference site development and management, sales revenue per account, and account penetration.
- Demonstrated success in dermatology sales is required
- Mastery of selling skills; thorough understanding of the sales process and ethical business practices
- A minimum of 4-6 years successful experience in pharmaceutical sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up and follow-through, both with external clients and internal employees
- Ability to travel domestically within your assigned sales region a minimum of 50% of the time in support of direct sales and related activities is required
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Develop superior customer relationships through effective account management
- BS degree in technical science or business discipline
Medical Science Liaisons (3 openings)
Northeast Region (The ideal location for this candidate is Boston or New York City)
West Region (The ideal location for this candidate is San Francisco, Portland or Seattle)
South Region (The ideal location for this candidate is Miami, Orlando, Tampa or Atlanta)
As an MSL at DUSA you will serve as a Dermatology expert & scientific liaison to the medical and scientific community. You will be responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with prominent dermatologists within a designated geographical area. As a field-based position, MSLs must be self-motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
- Travel extensively throughout an assigned region of the US to establish and maintain relationships in the clinical and medical community.
- Assist with integrating the efforts of the Medical Affairs Department with R&D, Clinical Affairs, Scientific Affairs, and other internal teams to ensure the effective selection and execution of investigator-initiated clinical trials; assures the effective and timely dissemination of scientific information arising from such studies, as required.
- Engage with and develop relationships with critical stakeholders including but not limited to academic and community-based KOL’s, investigators and speakers in dermatology.
- Respond to requests for on and off-label information about DUSA products posed by physicians, nurses, clinical practice support staff, and DUSA staff members.
- Identify and develop relationships with influential senior clinicians in Dermatology based primarily on geographic location on behalf of DUSA.
- Participates in select national and regional trade-shows for the purpose of providing medical education and information.
- Provide clinical and educational support to managed care organizations and DUSA reimbursement consultants to obtain the most appropriate coverage possible.
- Maintain knowledge base regarding developments and trends in medical sciences; attend and participate at key conferences and in investigator-initiated clinical protocol review processes.
- Advanced scientific degree such as MD, Ph.D, or Pharm.D with demonstrable relevant therapeutic area industry experience.
- 2-5 years Specialty Pharmaceutical experience with a strong current working knowledge of Dermatology, Oncology, or Immunology is preferred but not required. Knowledge of treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations and OIG guidelines is preferred.
- Able to present off label information in a fair and balanced manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills; strong team player who can effectively interface with DUSA clinical and commercial personnel.
- Capable of gaining customer feedback, uncovering business opportunities for DUSA and pairing customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
- Able to train personnel (internal and external) in clinical aspects of use of product.
- Adept at networking and partnering with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors and pharmacy directors is required.
- Accustomed to working independently and prioritizing multiple demands
The Training Manger will oversee the development, deployment, and management of all company-wide training initiatives.
- Responsible for managing, assessing, and supporting organizational training needs and the design, implementation, and evaluation of sales training programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of sales force team members with regard to product knowledge and selling skills for sales staff, new hires, Territory Managers, Regional Sales Managers, other Sales Support Staff (MSL’s National Account Managers, Customers service representatives) as well as the training needs of DUSA’s international distribution partners.
- Responsible for assessing company-wide training requirements. Works closely with internal departments to develop and implement effective and efficient employee training programs with particular emphasis on compliance and quality system training.
- Evaluates program, effectiveness and revises training programs, materials, and instructional aids as required to ensure achievement of objectives by individual learners and the plan as a whole. Partners with HR to develop succession plans as required.
- Develops training priorities, curriculums and training manuals; plans and executes training programs tailored to meet those priorities. Executes all phases of DPS with Sales and Sales Management Teams.
- Assists in the coordination of the semi-annual POA meetings and the National Sales Meeting with the marketing and sales management teams.
- Produces cost-effective training programs; develops and manages the training department budget; Coordinates new-hire training schedules.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in sales training\pharmaceutical commercial operations and corporate training required.
- Previous selling experience in the medical/pharmaceutical field.
- 30-40% field travel required based on sales needs such as meetings, trade shows, customer contact, and assessing field sales training requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up and follow-through
- BS degree in technical science or business discipline
- Experience in sales management is preferred
Director, Managed Care
- Develop DUSA’s managed care strategy for Levulan PDT and any future DUSA products; identify opportunities to grow the business we receive from our managed care customers
- Build and oversee all relationships with our managed care customers, 3rd party providers, and CMS
- Facilitate the resolution of problem payer issues utilizing personal contacts, negotiations and problem-solving skills
- Manage contracting, including developing negotiation strategies, gathering data for negotiations, and participating in negotiations to achieve DUSA’s objectives
- Serve as the primary interface with our contract account management company
- Act as the Managed Care and reimbursement lead for DUSA’s sales and marketing teams
- Work with customers to facilitate streamlined reimbursement within the practice
- Facilitates communication, implementation and maintenance of managed care policies, procedures and objectives
- Provides managed care information and data to practices to ensure overall marketing effectiveness and support active negotiations
- Train DUSA’s sales force in best-practices surrounding J-Code and CPT-Code reimbursement
- Track the effectiveness of our reimbursement strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 5+ Years of experience in account management and pharmaceutical sales
- Experience with J-Code and CPT-Code reimbursement
- Thorough knowledge of the US healthcare system
- Previous experience with in-office, procedural reimbursement
- Able to travel 50% of the time
- Effective leadership skills with an ability to set a strategic vision, track objectives, and oversee all related tasks and projects
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build professional relationships quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with third party vendors to achieve objectives
- Capable of maneuvering through ambiguous situations and making independent decisions when needed
- Able and willing to work “hands-on”
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated to take initiative to complete assignments and jobs responsibilities with minimal supervision
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
DUSA is committed to providing a challenging work environment for all employees by promoting teamwork, empowerment, and respect for the individual. We strive to create an environment where all employees are valued for their contribution to the company. Our employees are our most valuable asset. DUSA is an exciting and rewarding place to work and we invite you to explore your next career opportunity with us.
- Health Plan (Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Dental (Delta Dental)
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flex Hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Travel Insurance